West Bromwich Albion 1 - Brighton & Hove Albion 1
Brighton win 1-3 AET
||Wednesday 6th February 2019
||FA Cup (R4 Replay)
||Bond , Mears , Bartley , Adarabioyo , Townsend , Harper , Livermore (Tulloch, 63 ), Field , Hoolahan (Rogers, 82 ), Robson-Kanu , Rodriguez (Dawson, 45 (Hegazi, 90 ))|
Unused subs: Myhill, Gibbs, Gayle
Manager: Darren Moore
||Paul Tierney (Lancashire)
||8,645 Home Fans
Away Fans |
|Submit your ratings for this game by clicking here:
||Ratings submitted so far: 18
The kids did really well but some of the seniors let them down.
I thought our lack of pace first half, especially in forward areas, was excruciating.
Subs were a bit strange but, in mitigation, we didn’t have Edwards or Leko to call on and there were clearly injuries during the game. I think Moore was probably right not to risk Gayle.
The result will hardly define our season but we need to jolt back into the habit of winning home games and we have a massively soft underbelly of individual mistakes costing us better results- right through the team so almost cultural as well as individual. 1-0 up with 15 to go having granted a real gift, you have to see it out even if it’s percentages, no-nonsense and against all your beliefs.
- Bond - 6 Not a lot between him and SJ other than the fee. First goal was through him.
- Mears - 6 Not going to knock the bloke, he gave it everything but a total lack of options ahead of him or to cross to.
- Bartley - 5 Has been better in a 2 but the error was criminally bad. Mediocre championship player with a gaffe lurking behind every contribution.
- Tosin - 6 At least has youth as an excuse but caught out too often.
- Townsend- 5 Not a terrible footballer but physically miles off it. No power.
- Harper - 7 Some great moments but in-and-our. Need to get the contract sorted because lift-off looks inevitable and he’ll be a monster player.
- Livermore - 6 Did a job.
- Field - 7 Doesn’t have the explosions of Harper but contributes more over a match. Was our best player before he got an elbow to the face. Benefitting from games.
- HRK - 6 Thought he played to his strengths well but we needed pace around him. Made it stick.
- JRod - 5 Still think he’s a myth of a player. Works hard but no threat.
- Hoolahan - 6 Worked really hard but the legs can no longer do what the brain wants, so he’s become a nearly player.
- Daws/Hegazi - 6 Strange use of a 4 sub. Can’t play without each other or in a 3.
- Tulloch - 6 Bright and quick. Such a shame we’ve no more cup games for experience.
- Rogers - 5 Looks a fair bit away physically but managed to get into position to miss our best chance all night and one great solo run. Arguably a bigger threat than the other senior forwards who started.