Stoke City 0 - West Bromwich Albion 1
||Saturday 9th February 2019
||Sky Bet Championship
, Holgate , Dawson , Hegazi , Gibbs , Barry , Livermore , Johansen (Harper, 81 ), Murphy (Montero, 74 ), Gayle (Bartley, 93 ), Rodriguez |
Unused subs: Bond, Mears, Hoolahan, Field
Manager: Darren Moore
||26,828 Home Fans
Away Fans |
|Submit your ratings for this game by clicking here:
||Ratings submitted so far: 23
A solid away victory that wasn’t particularly pretty but didn’t really look in doubt.
I felt it generally followed the similar pattern of us being the better team up to about 50-60 minutes, then us looking really leggy for an in comfortable spell - the difference being this time that Moore was able to introduce pace fresh legs to see the game out and give us an out ball.
Overall the back 4 were good, the midfield 3 solid and strong with Johansen giving us a bit more forward intent and the front 3 did okay - Gayle and Murphy offering pace and JRod dropping deep.
- SJ - 6 Not a lot to do. No presence, doesn’t seem to talk either.
- Holgate - 7 Good player, rapid, one or two errors.
- Daws - 8 On top all game.
- Hegazi - 8 Same as Daws, lovely touch for the goal, overplayed a couple of times.
- Gibbs - 7 Dependable. No lapses.
- Barry - 6 Did get caught a few times and had trouble keeping up but decent on the ball.
- Livermore- 6 Brought his power and kept his passing simple. Good away performance.
- Johansen - 7 Tried to make things happen. Took risks and was rusty but did well.
- Gayle - 7 Still think he’s wasted out wide but another goal. Can lose it cheaply.
- JRod - 6 Marks are mostly for effort. Didn’t offer much.
- Murphy - 6 Rusty, erratic but quick. Hopefully will improve with games.
- Jeff - 6 Decent option off the bench, Gave them a problem, not sure about end product.
- Harper & Bartley were on too late to judge.
Let’s hope we can get a run of wins together.