West Bromwich Albion 0 - Crystal Palace 3
||Tuesday 25th September 2018
||Carabao Cup (R3)
||Myhill , Adarabioyo , Hegazi (Howkins, 61 ), Field , Mears (Edwards, 61 ), Hoolahan , Harper , Barry (Brunt, 61 ), Townsend , Morrison , Robson-Kanu |
Unused subs: Bond, Gayle, Burke, Leko
Manager: Darren Moore
||10,818 Home Fans
Away Fans |
|Submit your ratings for this game by clicking here:
||Ratings submitted so far: 7
West Brom's Second Team v Crystal Palace Nearly First Team
Based on this game, West Brom will need a lot of luck with injuries if they are to get promoted.
In brief, the squad lacks depth and not one player tonight(apart from Morrison), who doesn't currently play for the first team, looked like they would add value to it.
Tonight showed that our lack of investment in the summer transfer market could leave us short of what we need to get promoted in the end. And if the terrible negotiation to not tie up Harvey Barnes for a season means he goes back to Leicester in January, this will leave us even more vulnerable.
- Myhill 3- Only saves when the ball comes straight at him. Those Barcelona Burgers have really affected his ability to move his feet to dive and stop any shot to either side.
- Adarabioyo 4 - Not too bad as a stopper but looked shaky when trying to play the ball out.
- Hegazi 6 - Gradually improves after his shocker against Birmingham. Hope he is fit for Saturday.
- Field 4- Gave the ball away countless times in the first half. A little more solid in the second.
- Mears 3 - Remains a very strange signing. Offered nothing going forward.
- Hoolahan 6 - Faded a little in the second half but tried to create throughout.
- Harper 3 - Very disappointed with what was once a promising youngster. Out run by much older players on either team.
- Barry 5- Not as commanding as he has been in some games this year. Another one who faded second half.
- Townsend 2- Oh dear. No pace or skill, and most of the time checked back to give the ball to Field who has just given it to him. And if he is a winger he cannot cross.
- Morrison 7 - Yes he came deeper second half, but in the first was our most creative player by a mile.Superb through ball to Kanu-Robson that both Gayle and Rodriquez would have loved.
- Robson- Kanu 3 - Simply dreadful. As said, put in by a superb pass first half from Morrison that he decided to cut back with ??? Showed he cannot lead the line.
- Howkins - Too little happened to mark him on.
- Edwards 6 - Slightly more positive than others and did get into more dangerous positions up the pitch as a result.
- Brunt 4 - Ok when he first came on but then his corners and forward passes started to go astray.