Manchester United 0 - West Bromwich Albion 0
||Saturday 1st April 2017
||Barclays Premier League
, Dawson , McAuley , Evans , Nyom , Livermore , Fletcher , Brunt , Chadli (Yacob, 68 ), McClean (Morrison, 57 ), Robson-Kanu (Rondon, 70 )|
Unused subs: Myhill, Wilson, Field, Harper
Manager: Tony Pulis
||Mike Dean (Wirral)
||75,397 Home Fans
Away Fans |
|Submit your ratings for this game by clicking here:
||Ratings submitted so far: 10
Hardly anything to report on.
We defended as well as we did against Arsenal but Utd didn't leave anything like the gaps for us to break into that Arsenal did. Our attacking players didn't really get into it and our midfielders struggled to play 3 passes before giving it away.
We came for a point. We got a point. With goal kicks and throw-ins, I'm not sure how far below 25% possession it is possible to go.
There were glimpses of opportunities on the break for us but we didn't have the quality to to make anything of them.
Can't really complain especially after the internationals. Utd were weakened for sure but so were we - it would have been interesting to see a fresh Rondon and a fit Phillips starting this game with Utd missing so many big names but in this David versus Goliath of resources we should be very pleased with 4 points from Arsenal and Man Utd - any team in the league would take that haul.
- Foster - 8 A couple of fantastic saves.
- Dawson - 7 Great defensively, nothing going forward today.
- McAuley - 8 Fantastic. Pace of Martial and Rashford? No problem for the big man. Is his after match ice bath the same one used in the film Cocoon?
- Evans - 9 He is just so good. It's ridiculous really. Our best player defensively and on the ball.
- Nyom - 7 Solid and quick. Didn't get forward at all.
- Livermore - 7 Solid defensively but sloppy on the ball. Looked better on the ball for England than he does for us.
- Fletcher - 6 Lots of running but also rubbish on the ball. Speculative effort would have been really something.
- Brunt - 6 Did his job but was unable to get on the ball and hit killer passes and wasted the one or two set plays we got.
- Chadli - 6 Couldn't really influence the game or get hold of the ball.
- McClean - 6 Same as Chadli really. Didn't create anything but fought hard.
- HRK - 6 I thought he showed bits of real quality and hold up but we couldn't get near him. The difference against Arsenal is that, even though things aren't going for Rondon, Rondon still stretches teams with his power and running. HRK cannot do this because he cannot run quickly over distances. He had to play though.
- Mozza - 5 I'm a fan but he had a right beast. Looked lost defensively on the right.
- Rondon - 6 Put a shift in. If we still had Chadli or McClean on the pitch to support him we might have got some change.
- Yacob - 6 Closed the door. Bolted it. Threw the key away. Kicked someone.